Dare we believe that it’s true? According to recent weather reports, we’re in for a treat this summer! Now we don’t want to put a dampener on things, believe me, we love the sunshine as much as anyone, but our skin clinic sees many patients worried about the effect that the sun has had on their skin.
Key facts to consider:
- Skin cancer is the second most common form of cancer in young adults, with nearly 200 cases reported in the UK every day. It is the fifth most common cancer in the population as a whole.
- Malignant melanoma incidence rates in the UK have quadrupled in the last thirty years.
- It’s not just our moles that we need to protect in the sun… Have you ever noticed that dark areas appear on your skin after just a short exposure to the sun? Pigmentation is very common and can become permanent if exposed to high levels of UV time after time.
- Sun damage causes wrinkles and premature ageing.
Despite being able to remove moles, reduce pigmentation and counteract some of the signs of ageing at our medical clinic in Yorkshire, we would rather you took action to protect your skin before it gets to this stage, by using a high-quality sun protection product. Our medical experts recommend using a brand like Heliocare (available from registered stockists only).
Heliocare has developed a wide range of product formulations, with a number of gels, sprays and creams making up their product range. They have also recently launched ‘Heliocare 360’ with the widest protection against UVB, UVA, Visible and Infrared A.
To encourage you to invest in a high-quality sun protection product, we are currently offering:
- 5% OFF when you purchase two or more sun protection products using the code ‘SUN5’ at our online shop.
- FREE DELIVERY on all UK orders
- Next day delivery at the special price of £1.80.
So let the best sun protection products on the market come to your door in time for the sunshine!